The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) proudly introduces the ICD-10-CM Code Book, 2014 Draft, to help you learn about and prepare for the International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification.
A portion of the proceeds from each book are donated to the AHIMA Foundation.
- Color-coding helps make navigation and code selection easier
- MCC and CC codes as identified by the MS-DRG system
- Chapter specific coding guidelines are the front of each chapter in the Tabular
- References to coding guidelines included throughout the Tabular
- Anatomical art included throughout the Tabular
- Identification of diagnoses that impact Medicare Code Editor edits
- Identification of diagnosis that impact MS-DRG pathways and edits
- Identification of diagnoses included in Medicare’s Hospital-Acquired Conditions Program
- Appendices include Principal Diagnosis Collections for CC and MCC Exclusions and Hospital-Acquired-Conditions (HAC) Listings and Conditional Logic
About the Consulting Editor
Anne B. Casto, RHIA, CCS, Consulting Editor, is the president of Casto Consulting, LLC, which provides services to hospitals and other healthcare stakeholders primarily in the areas of reimbursement and coding, and specializing in linking coding and billing practices to positive revenue cycle outcomes. Prior to founding the firm Ms. Casto was the program manager of the HIMS Division at The Ohio State University School of Allied Medical Professions; she taught healthcare reimbursement, ICD-9-CM coding and CPT coding courses for several years and was responsible for curriculum revisions in the areas of chargemaster management, clinical data management, and healthcare reimbursement. Ms. Casto has worked extensively with CMI, quality measures, physician documentation, and coding accuracy efforts.